A deliciously zingy and comforting blend of lemon, fresh turmeric root, fresh ginger root, raw virgin coconut oil, soaked golden linseeds, pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper will tantalise your tastebuds and waken your senses.
Our jar of sunshine is a true nutritional powerhouse which will nourish and nurture.
Lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C, providing antioxidant protection and immune support. Whilst we generally consider lemons to be acidic, they have an alkalising effect within the body. Lemon juice is a cleansing tonic and stimulates the liver’s detoxification process too.
Turmeric: There are vast evidence based health benefits of this golden hero spice, largely due to its curcumin content. It has been used as medicine for centuries in Ayurveda – the traditional holistic Indian healing practice.
Curcumin in turmeric offers powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits whilst strengthening the liver and lowering cholesterol. It is also strongly anti-bacterial and supports cognitive function. Turmeric is currently being used in cancer prevention studies too.
This root also adds a beautiful fragrant flavour and a golden colour to recipes.
Ginger: Also a root with a plethora of health benefits and a fragrant flavour, ginger is most renowned as one of the best digestion-improving spices, easing many symptoms such as nausea, bloating and wind. Ginger stimulates digestive fire in traditional Chinese medicine.
A relative of turmeric, fiery ginger also provides powerful anti-inflammatory protection.
It contains the phytonutrients known as gingerols which are responsible for many of ginger’s medicinal properties. Gingerol is known to stimulate bile excretion, aiding the detoxification process of the liver.
Raw Virgin Coconut oil: the benefits of coconut oil are mainly attributed to its 50% lauric acid content, which is particularly beneficial to the digestive system.
Himalayan Pink Salt is naturally mined by hand and remains unrefined. It contains lots of naturally occurring trace minerals which give it its pink colour. Salt provides electrolytes, required by various processes in the body, including helping you to stay hydrated.
Black pepper – contains piperine which enhances the absorption of curcumin in the body by 2,000%.
Turmeric elixir is automatically included daily, in all cleanse programmes.
- To make tea – simply use a heaped teaspoon (or 1 x 25g jar)
- A marinade
- A salad dressing
- A flavour explosion for noodles, broths, soups, stir fries, curries and tagines
You may also like to add:
- Garlic – antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiparasitic. Garlic also promotes the body’s natural detoxification process and is beneficial to the arteries
- Honey – we recommend raw organic honey. Not only is it delicious but it adds antibacterial and antifungal properties as well as soothing a sore throat and easing coughs.
- Cayenne – capsaicin, the active ingredient in cayenne pepper, is what gives it its medicinal properties and is also responsible for its heat. Cayenne warms the blood.
- Cinnamon – we recommend Sri Lankan grown Ceylon Cinnamon as its Chinese native cousin cassia, is high in coumarin – a natural but powerful blood thinner. Cinnamaldehyde – the main essential oil responsible for most of cinnamon’s incredible medicinal properties provides phenomenal health benefits including the ability to kill bacteria and viruses in addition to some yeasts and parasites. Cinnamon is renowned for balancing blood sugar and offering anti-inflammatory protection too.