Terms & Conditions
This website is operated by The Healthy Juice Company. Throughout the site, the terms "we", "us" and "our" refer to The Healthy Juice Company. The Healthy Juice Company offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
THE HEALTHY JUICE COMPANY - TERMS AND CONDITIONS 13TH May 2015
By using this website and placing an order, you are confirming that you have read and agree to our full terms and conditions.
- "You", "your" and "yours" are with reference to the person who has set up an account and placed an order on our website
- "We", "us" and "our" are with reference to The Healthy Juice Company
- "the site" and "website" is with reference to www.thehealthyjuicecompany.co.uk
- "consumable, perishable" is with reference to any goods which you consume which have a limited shelf life, such as our juices, nut milks and elixirs
- "non consumable, non perishable" is with reference to any goods which are not consumable and do not have a limited shelf life. For example bathroom products such as body brushes or Epsom salts
THE CONTRACT BETWEEN US
We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending an email to you at the email address you provide when making your order. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us. We reserve the right not to accept an order.
REGISTERING ON OUR WEBSITE
- To place an order with us, you will first need to set up an account on our website, using our clear instructions.
- You must be 18 years of age or over.
- When you create an account with us, you must create a password. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential and for all activities and orders made using that password on our website.
- If you believe that someone else is using your account fraudulently without your permission, you must notify us immediately in writing by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will suspend the account immediately. You will then be able to create a new account with new password.
- If we believe that your account is being used fraudulently without your consent, we may require you to change your password or set up a new account.
- Payment can be made via our website or by telephoning our office during normal working hours Monday to Friday.
- Payment can be made by debit or credit card. We do not currently accept American Express.
- Full payment is required in advance and your card will be charged at the time of placing your order.
- Payment via cash or cheque will not be accepted upon delivery.
A confirmation email will be sent to you immediately upon booking with a summary of your order and payment.
Orders must be placed no later than as follows:
|Juice cleanse first delivery/start day||Ordering deadline
|Monday||Previous Wednesday 12 noon|
|Tuesday||Previous Thursday 12 noon|
|Wednesday||Previous Friday 12 noon|
|Thursday||Previous Monday 12 noon|
|Friday||Previous Tuesday 12 noon|
To cancel your contract with us you (the person whom placed the order) must notify us in writing and we suggest by email. Your notice of cancellation will take effect when we receive it.
We must receive notice by the following notice period:
|Juice cleanse first delivery/start day||Cancelling deadline
|Monday||Previous Wednesday 12 noon|
|Tuesday||Previous Thursday 12 noon|
|Wednesday||Previous Friday 12 noon|
|Thursday||Previous Monday 12 noon|
|Friday||Previous Tuesday 12 noon|
- Your juice cleanse can be simply rescheduled or a full refund given within 7 days of your cancellation.
- You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty.
- In the case of non-consumable non-perishable items you may cancel your contract with us for the goods you order at any time up to the end of the seventh working day from the date you receive the ordered goods. You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty. If you have received the goods before you cancel your contract then you must send the goods back to our contact address at your own cost and risk. If you cancel your contract but we have already processed the goods for delivery you must not unpack the goods when they are received by you and you must send the goods back to us at our contact address at your own cost and risk as soon as possible.
- Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your contract, any sum debited to us from your debit or credit card will be credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order PROVIDED THAT in the case of non-consumable non-perishable items the goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you.
- We regret that cancellations made after our cancellation deadline cannot be refunded.
- Cancellation deadlines include any alterations to a booking.
We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:
- the supply of our raw materials is delayed for reasons beyond ours or the supplier's control
- we do not deliver to your area
- one or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers
- we cancel your contract we will notify you by email and will credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your debit or credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered
- it has not been possible to deliver to you or to contact you thereafter,(for example if you have failed to notify us of a locked security gate or if you live in an apartment building which is not accessible during our delivery hours) using the contact details you provided, to arrange an alternative delivery method
- We strongly recommend that you seek professional advice from your GP before partaking in a juice cleanse. This applies particularly if you are juice cleansing for the first time and especially if you have any allergies, have low blood pressure, are severely underweight, you have heart, liver or kidney problems, are taking medication of any description or have recently had medical procedures or surgery.
- The information on our website is general information and should not be considered as a substitute for a personal consultation with your own qualified medical practitioner. Here at The Healthy Juice Company, no employees or directors are qualified health professionals, practitioners, therapists or doctors and information on our website is based on our own experiences, guidance from the qualified professionals with whom we associate and from our thorough research from official sources.
- Our products are not preserved in any way and have a shelf life of approximately 3 days. As our products are raw they may contain natural bacteria which can cause illness in children, the elderly and those with weak immune systems. Our consumable products are not suitable for diabetics, women who are pregnant or breast feeding or for people with celery or nut allergies. We do not warrant that any of our consumable products provide any health benefits and use of them will be entirely at your own risk.
- We would be very happy to recommend a qualified professional to you for any specific health or dietary enquiries or concerns you may have. Where you enter into a contract with a recommended third party, you do so at your own risk. They will operate independently of The Healthy Juice Company. Their terms and conditions will apply.
- We do not claim to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any illness.
- We will provide guidelines to you for preparation both pre and post cleanse. It is your responsibility to follow these guidelines.
- Common side effects of juice cleansing can be diarrhoea, flatulence and/or bloating. These are simply reactions to introducing new super healthy things to your digestive system. These side effects are temporary until your body adjusts and should subside. Such side effects should reduce each time you cleanse.
- Juice cleansing can affect people in many different ways and is not for everyone. If you experience side effects which are not typical of juice cleansing, contact us immediately on 01869 324328, cease your juice cleanse and seek the advice of a medical practitioner immediately.
- Our juices, nut milks and elixirs are fresh perishable products and cannot be returned.
- Our products have been freshly made especially for your order approximately 12 hours before it is delivered to you. Each batch is tasted before being bottled and is made to a strict recipe. The juice delivered to you will never be old. The raw ingredients - and juice once pressed - are kept chilled at all times. Strict hygiene practices are upheld in our juice kitchen. We go to extremes to bring you the freshest and safest juice.
- Our consumable products are made from raw materials and should be stored at all times in a refrigerated environment. It is your responsibility to remove every bottle of juice from its box and place all juice into your refrigerator upon receipt, ensuring the refrigerator is running at a temperature of 1°C to 5°C.
- Our product is subject to the availability of fresh produce. The constant supply of fresh fruits and vegetables is reliant on nature and can be interrupted at times. We reserve the right to substitute any ingredient which becomes unavailable to us, with something else as close to that ingredient as possible, without notice.
- Whilst we adhere to strict recipes and taste every batch, our juice may change slightly in colour or flavour from batch to batch due to the constantly changing nature of fresh raw ingredients. A change in colour or flavour shall not be the basis for a refund (or cancellation).
- Our cleanse elixir and some of our juices can stain anything which they comes into contact with. This warning is made clear and included on the first day of a cleanse in our instructions. We will not be liable for any damage caused by staining.
- Our juice is delivered in sturdy glass bottles which are separated from each other with a box divider to prevent them from breaking. We are not liable for any breakages once delivery has been made.
- We are unable to cater for individual requests at this time.
- We recommend that clients book at least 1 week in advance of their proposed juice cleanse start date. We have a limited capacity and therefore our booking system has a cut off point. We may become fully booked and unable to take further orders for particular days or weeks.
- By placing your order, you are confirming that you have read and agree with our full terms and conditions.
- When booking, please clearly confirm full and detailed delivery instructions. Please ensure that your specified location for your juice delivery is not in full sun in the early mornings in Summer.
- We will deliver the goods ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order. Deliveries are usually made between 12am and 6am but may vary. We will make delivery by leaving the goods in a suitable place, specified by you at the time of purchase, at the delivery address. If no suitable place has been specified by you, your delivery will be left beside your front door or other place close to your front door, at the discretion of the delivery driver. If possible we will also post a card through your letterbox indicating that the delivery has been made.
- Delivery of our juice cleanse packages will be made by our driver in our own refrigerated van, in insulated boxes.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that full and specific delivery instructions are given and to ensure that the delivery address you give is accessible between 12am and 6am. If we are unable to deliver, for example if you live in an apartment with restricted access or you have a locked security gate, your delivery will be returned to base and you will still be charged for that day. You will be contacted that morning using the telephone number given when you placed your order to discuss alternative delivery arrangements for the following day. We will not be able to re-deliver that day.
- If you require us to access secure premises, for example enter via a security gate or locked main entrance to a building, please call us on 01869 324328 to discuss suitable arrangements.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that we have up to date information, including your correct delivery address. It is essential that any changes to your delivery address which may affect our ability to deliver to you, must be made within our ordering deadlines. If we are unable to deliver or we have delivered to a wrong address due to your information not being updated, we are unable to offer a refund and you will be charged for that day's products.
- If you have received a postcard to say we have delivered but you can't find your delivery, please contact us immediately.
- Our delivery is not available in any other areas other than those specified on this website, unless specifically agreed at the point of ordering.
- If our delivery is delayed for any reason beyond our control, for example Act Of God, extreme weather conditions or vehicle breakdown, we cannot accept liability for any inconvenience or loss caused. We will endeavour to reach you as soon as we possibly can. You will not be charged for that delivery.
- If your delivery has been made via courier, you are responsible to inspect your delivery when it arrives before you sign for it. You should notify us immediately of any damage to the box or its contents.
- Currently, we cannot accommodate deliveries after 6am, or adhere to any specific delivery time within our specified time bracket.
Consumable, perishable goods
- It is your responsibility to ensure that once you wake, you collect your box from your specified delivery place and that your consumable, perishable goods are removed from their box and placed into your refrigerator as soon as possible, ensuring the refrigerator is running at a temperature of 1°C to 5°C.
- If the goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us by 10am on the day of delivery. We will do everything in our power to rectify your order on the same day. If this is not possible, we will issue a credit or refund at our discretion.
- Delivery will be made upon the delivery date that we have agreed with you. If this is not possible then we will deliver the goods as soon as possible thereafter and in any event within 24 hours. If we fail to do this for whatever reason we will refund the cost of the goods in the same way as if you had cancelled your order.
Non consumable, non perishable goods
- Non consumables, will be delivered to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order. Delivery of goods ordered as part of your juice cleanse will be made with your juice cleanse, either inside the same box or in an identical box, at the same time. Depending on the quantity and nature of your order and your location, non consumable goods ordered without a juice cleanse may be delivered by us using the same terms as for our juice cleanses or will be delivered by courier or Royal Mail during normal working hours subject to the carrier's terms and conditions and will require a signature as proof of delivery. We will be pleased to provide a copy of the carrier's terms and conditions upon request.
- If the goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem within 10 working days of the delivery of the goods in question.
- If you ordered the goods as standalone items without a juice cleanse and you do not receive the goods within 30 days of the date on which you ordered them, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem within 40 days of the date on which you ordered the goods.
TITLE TO THE GOODS
You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
- If you notify a problem to us, our only obligation will be, at your option:
- to make good any shortage or non-delivery;
- to replace any goods that are damaged or defective; or
- to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose.
- As use of our consumable products is entirely at your own risk we will not be liable to you for any losses arising from their use to the fullest extent that the law permits.
- Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at 7, Grange Mews, Launton, Oxfordshire, OX26 5EG or by email to email@example.com and all notices from us to you will be sent in the same way.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
Except for our affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the United Kingdom Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
- visitors to our website;
- people who do business with us.
The information we collect about you
When you do business with us we collect the following personal information from you:
- delivery address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- debit or credit card number and expiry date etc. (Via our payment provider);
other information as required;
- information from other sources (such as credit reference agencies) which we will add to the information which we already hold about you in order to help us provide you with the goods that we may sell to you.
How we will use the information about you
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
- We gather this information to allow us to process your registration, process any orders you may make and provide the goods requested. The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to as required and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your account (if any) and the provision of the goods in general. If you agree, we may also contact you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
- We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us to develop our website and our services.
- From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the goods we provide. We or our agents and sub-contractors may contact you by post, email or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our goods.
- We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our website or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send a blank email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
- We may also want to provide you with related information from third parties we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an email to email@example.com. If you agree to us providing you with third party marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
- We will not share your information with third parties.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. The information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function if you remove cookies from your browser.
How we protect your information
We have put in place the following security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information:
- No credit card details are processed on or pass through this site, they are all held on secure servers operated by the payment providers.
- All customer details are held in our database which is not accessible from any systems not on this site and associated domain names, and is password protected.
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
Access to your information and updating and correcting your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to The Healthy Juice Company, 7, Grange Mews, Launton, Oxfordshire OX26 5EG. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address, name, delivery address or payment details, or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to email@example.com or by sending a letter to The Healthy Juice Company, 7, Grange Mews, Launton, Oxfordshire OX26 5EG. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
We cannot accept liability if you place an order and it is delivered to your previous address as you haven't updated your details. No refund will be issued.
Sale of business
If our business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
Links to other websites
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE OF OUR WEBSITE LAST UPDATED: 14th May 2015
- We are The Healthy Juice Company Limited and our registered office is at North Lodge, Brockham Green, Betchworth, Surrey RH3 7JS, United Kingdom and we own and operate this website ('Site'). Our business address is The Healthy Juice Company, 7, Grange Mews, Launton, Oxfordshire OX26 5EG.
- You are responsible for all access to the Site using your Internet connection, even if the access is by another person.
- We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is available at all times. However, we cannot guarantee that the Site or any individual function or feature of the Site will always be available and/or error free. In particular, the Site may be unavailable during periods when we are implementing upgrades to or carrying out essential maintenance on the Site. Our deadlines for ordering and cancellation still apply.
- The intellectual property rights in the Site and all of the text, pictures, videos and other content made available on it are owned by us and our licensors. You may not print or otherwise make copies of any such content without our express prior permission.
- We provide the Site on an 'as is' basis and make no representations as to the quality, completeness or accuracy of any content made available on the Site. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose;
- use the Site to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of others, including without limitation others' privacy rights or rights of publicity;
- impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make;
- interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks;
- transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan horse or other computer code that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment;
- The website may be unavailable at times due to maintenance. Ordering and cancellation deadlines still apply - please call us on 01869 324328.
- The information on our website may vary at times without notice to you.
- We do not claim that our website is not free of errors.
- We have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that internet fraud and any data collected from you is stored securely. We are not liable in the highly unlikely event that our secure system is breached.